Investec Private Bank Account
A designer transactional banking solution, that for a single transparent monthly fee, consolidates all your daily transactional banking into one account and provides 24/7 service via our dedicated client support centre.
You’re a busy professional. You need a comprehensive banking product that offers convenience, security, value and fee transparency. The Investec Private Bank Account does all this, and more. Speak to one of our private bankers or read on for more information.
Overview of features
- A chip and PIN Visa card
- Credit facility priced up to prime minus 1%
- Instant access online savings facility
- Real rewards with Investec Dividends
- Sophisticated security features
- Free travel insurance
- Single, transparent fee structure
- Foreign exchange services
Current Account Facility
Consolidated banking with a single statement, card benefits and sophisticated security features.
Simplify your life by consolidating your daily transactional banking in one account, with a single statement. You’ll also be able to access your cash via 1,200,000 local and international Visa ATMs. (For your protection, we apply daily withdrawal limits of R6,000 locally and R20,000 internationally.)
Benefits from your account card
- Free travel insurance when you purchase an air ticket using your card
- Dividends points on all point-of-sale card purchases
- Additional cardholders’ purchases and cash withdrawals reflect against your credit limit but are shown separately on your statement.
- Control expenditure by implementing spend limits on each card
- No annual card fees
- Fraud insurance if your card is lost or stolen
- Sophisticated security features, including chip and PIN technology and an SMS and email account activity notification service
Instant travel cover for free
For travel peace of mind, you get free travel insurance when paying for your air ticket with your Investec Private Bank Account card.
Convenient and secure online, telephone and mobile banking from where you are.
Online, telephone and mobile banking
Manage your money from your PC, or mobile, with peace of mind. To help you safeguard your money we’ve implemented sophisticated security features such as: identification number and PIN, anti-keystroke logging, OTP (one time password), secure socket layer (EV SSL) certification and Verified by Visa.
We know you want instant, easy and secure access to your accounts. That’s why Investec Private Bank Account clients are automatically registered for online and telephone banking. Request your online banking PIN from the Client Support Centre, connect to the service and you can:
- Schedule future-dated payments and receive SMS confirmations of scheduled payments
- Make beneficiary payments
- Send confirmation of payments to beneficiaries by fax, email or SMS
- Retrieve online statements and IT3b forms
- Make online redemptions for the Investec Dividends rewards programme
- Transfer funds from your Investec Private Bank Account to your other Investec accounts and vice versa
- Manage your online savings via the Cash Management Account
- Purchase airtime, data and SMS bundles
Make the most of interest free credit with the ability to earn interest on credit balances.
Enjoy interest-free spending until your statement date, with your Investec Private Bank Account Visa card (which means you get up to 30 days free funding).
You can also qualify for up to 45 days free funding on card purchases if you use the account exclusively as a credit card account. Simply:
- Avoid cash and near cash transactions, such as: ATM withdrawals, online banking payments, debit orders and Journey card transactions
- Make only credit card purchases during the statement period
- Settle your account in full on or before the due date (+/- 15 days after the statement date)
High interest and easy online access to your funds.
Earn higher interest and enjoy instant access to your money, with the online Cash Management Account.
There’s no minimum balance, no notice period, and the more you invest, the higher your returns.
Lifestyle and travel
Access to SAA-owned Business Class Lounges
As an Investec Private Banking cardholder, you are able to access selected SAA-owned business class lounges, including premium domestic and international lounges and Platinum lounges, regardless of the class or airline you are travelling on. There are no restrictions on the number of visits per month per cardholder. Complimentary access is also available to children under the age of 12 (up to four at a time per cardholder). Additional entrance may not be purchased for other guests.
International Lounge Access
Typically reserved for SAA Voyager Platinum and Gold members only, Investec Private Banking cardholders also now enjoy complimentary access to the Air Canada Business Class Lounge (Departures Terminal 2) when traveling on SAA only. The lounge is open seven days a week, from 5:30 to 22:00 and offers business facilities, complimentary food and beverages, dining and TV areas, complimentary international newspapers and magazines and free internet access.
Access is reserved for cardholders only. No other guests are permitted (including children) and additional guest entry cannot be purchased.
Bidvest Lounge Access
Investec cardholders are able to access domestic and international Bidvest Premier Lounges throughout South Africa, where they will enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages and free WIFI, television and reading materials. Special rates are available for guests who are not Investec cardholders.
Please contact your Private Banker for more information about giving your spouse or life partner a complimentary additional card linked to your account or opening an additional guaranteed account for them for a reduced fee of R220 per month, thereby also enabling them to enjoy complimentary access to the SAA-owned Business Class lounges and Air Canada Business Class Lounge (Departures Terminal 2).
To find out more about the benefits of the Investec Private Bank account, click on the link below.
Investec Specialist Bank does not make representation that information and materials on this site are appropriate for use in all jurisdictions available on the web, or that transactions, securities, products, instruments or services offered on this site areavailable or indeed appropriate for sale or use in all jurisdictions, or by all investors or other potential clients. Those who access this site do so on their own initiative, and are therefore responsible for compliance with applicable local laws and regulations. By accessing each site, the entrant has agreed that he/she has reviewed the site in its entirety including any legal or regulatory rubric.
Investec Specialist Bank, a division of Investec Bank Limited registration number 1969/004763/06. Investec Specialist Bank is committed to the Code of Banking Practice as regulated by the Ombudsman for Banking Services. Copies of the Code and the Ombudsman's details are available on request or visit www.investec.co.za. A registered credit provider registration number NCRCP9.